NEW YORK CITY (November 4, 2021) — Kostelanetz & Fink has been selected “Law Firm of the Year” in Litigation – Tax by Best Lawyers for the 2022 edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” — the second year in a row K&F has been chosen for the honor.
The Best Lawyers’ “Law Firm of the Year” designation is given to firms that the rankings agency deems have shown “impressive overall performance in its research of a given practice area, representing a significant showing in the 2022 U.S. News – Best Lawyers ‘Best Law Firms’ initiative.” Best Lawyers selects one firm per year for “Law Firm of the Year” in the practice area of Litigation – Tax.
K&F has been recognized by Best Lawyers for more than 10 years. The firm is again ranked for 2022 nationally as a “Best Law Firm” in four categories: Tax Law, Criminal Defense: WhiteCollar, Litigation – Tax, and Commercial Litigation. In New York, the firm has been recognized in Tier 1 in four categories: Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Tax Law, Litigation – Tax, and Commercial Litigation. K&F’s Washington, D.C. office has been recognized for Litigation – Tax and for Tax Law.
Additionally, nine Kostelanetz & Fink attorneys this year were recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, and partner Caroline D. Ciraolo was selected as “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy – Tax in Washington, D.C.
The K&F lawyers selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2022 by their peers are:
- Megan Brackney for Tax Law in New York;
- Caroline D. Ciraolo for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in Washington, D.C.;
- Robert S. Fink for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in New York;
- Yoram Keinan for Tax Law in New York;
- Sharon L. McCarthy for Criminal Defense: White Collar in New York;
- Claude M. Millman for Commercial Litigation in New York;
- Jay R. Nanavati for Criminal Defense: White Collar in Washington, D.C.;
- Bryan C. Skarlatos for Litigation and Controversy – Tax and Tax Law in New York;
- Stephen A. Josey as “One to Watch” for Commercial Litigation and Litigation and Controversy – Tax in New York.
According to Best Lawyers, its lists are “compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation.” Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
About Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
Over the past 75 years, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP, has built a global reputation as the law firm of choice for clients facing high-stakes controversies and negotiations with government agencies. K&F attorneys have unparalleled experience in tax controversies and white-collar criminal defense and are regularly called upon to handle the most challenging and sensitive cases and internal investigations. An important part of the firm’s practice includes tax and estate planning, commercial litigation, government procurement, and government contracting.