- This event has passed.
Jay R. Nanavati Participates On A Panel Titled “‘The Art of the Deal’ – Negotiating Plea Deals in Criminal Tax Cases” At The Summer Tax Summit
August 29 @ 8:10 am - 9:00 am CDT
On August 29, 2023, Jay R. Nanavati participates on a panel titled “‘The Art of the Deal’ – Negotiating Plea Deals in Criminal Tax Cases” at the Summer Tax Summit presented by the St. Louis Chapter of the Federal Bar Association in St. Louis, MO. CLE credit is offered for this event.
Description: The panel will focus on the following topics: (1) the relationship between the IRS, U.S. Department of Justice, Tax Division, and local U.S. Attorney’s Offices in investigating and prosecuting criminal tax cases; (2) opportunities to seek early resolution in tax cases involving other potential white-collar crimes; (3) best practices for the “taxpayer conference” with DOJ Tax; (4) sentencing considerations and strategies; and (5) mitigating collateral civil consequences in criminal tax cases.
- Jay R. Nanavati, Partner, Kostelanetz LLP
- Anthony (“Tony”) Box, Partner, Gray Reed
- Gwendolyn E. Carroll, Assistant United States Attorney and White-Collar Unit Supervisor, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Evan Davis, Partner, Hochman Salkin Toscher Perez P.C.,
- Jeff Jensen, Partner, Husch Blackwell
Click here to register and for more information.