- This event has passed.
Don Fort Participates In A Panel Entitled “Cryptocurrency Update” With The FBA Section On Taxation
January 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
On January 11, 2022, Don Fort participates in a panel entitled “Cryptocurrency Update” with the Federal Bar Association Section on Taxation.
Description: Speakers from the IRS, Eversheds Sutherland, and Kostelanetz & Fink discuss current cases and developments in the field, technology tools and audit streams, the recent John Doe summonses, and Operation Hidden Treasure. Topics also include important changes to the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, as well as IRS guidance on hard forks and like-kind exchanges.
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand new developments related to cryptocurrency
- Analyze the potential impact of cryptocurrency information reporting requirements in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Assist tax practitioners by describing cryptocurrency enforcement efforts and guidance by the IRS
- Don Fort, Director of Investigations, Kostelanetz and Fink, LLP
- Sarah Paul, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
- Carolyn A. Schenck, National Fraud Counsel and Assistant Division Counsel (International), SB/SE Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service
Click here for more information and to register.