- This event has passed.
Don Fort Participates In A Panel Entitled “Crypto Compliance & Enforcement” At The ABA 2023 Midyear Tax Meeting
February 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
Don Fort participates in a panel titled “Crypto Compliance & Enforcement” at the American Bar Association’s 2023 Midyear Tax Meeting in San Diego, California on February 10, 2023.
As federal agencies are increasingly asked to do more with less, the IRS has implemented advanced technology platforms to enforce financial crimes and digital asset transactions. This panel will discuss the IRS’s recent cryptocurrency enforcement initiatives, the technologies being used to trace and track unreported crypto transactions, and what tax practitioners should know for the future.
- Describe the IRS’s recent cryptocurrency compliance and enforcement initiatives
- Identify the technologies being used to track and trace unreported crypto transactions
- Describe what tax practitioners should know when representing taxpayers in the future
- Travis W. Thompson, Sideman & Bancroft LLP
- Don Fort, Kostelanetz LLP
- Mike Lee, Supervisory Special Agent, Western Cyber Crimes Unit, Internal Revenue Service
- Michael Stein, Hochman, Salkin, Toscher Perez PC
- Jordan Bass, Taxing Cryptocurrency
- Stephen Turanchik, Paul Hastings
Click here to learn more and register.