- This event has passed.
Megan L. Brackney Participates In A Panel Entitled “Moral and Ethical Duties Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” For The ABA’s Hybrid 2022 May Tax Meeting
May 13, 2022 @ 3:10 pm EDT
On May 13, 2022, Megan L. Brackney participates in a panel entitled, “Moral and Ethical Duties Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” for “Hybrid 2022 May Tax Meeting” hosted by the American Bar Association’s Section of Taxation.
Description: Fostering a workplace environment for different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds provides a space where employees feel welcome to express their ideas and be heard. However, without inclusive leadership and recognition of bias, organizations may miss an opportunity to hear new ideas or even the concerns of their employees. This panel will engage in a discussion about the intersection of ethics and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). In evaluating the ethical duties in tax practice, panelists will identify where tax practitioners have a professional responsibility to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in their practice. Panelists will also discuss the moral case for DE&I in tax practice – what should we be doing as tax professionals.
After attending the session, the participant will be able to:
- Identify professional responsibility rules for tax practitioners and how these rules relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts;
- Discuss what tax practitioners can do to make impactful changes in achieving a diverse and inclusive profession; and
- Identify how implicit bias within office management may impact diverse attorneys.
- Catherine Sullivan, IRS Office of Chief Counsel
- Megan L. Brackney, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP;
- David Farhat, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP; and
- Additional Panelists TBA
This event is available to attend in-person or remotely.
Click here for more information and to register.