- This event has passed.
Garrett L. Brodeur Moderates A Panel Titled “Navigating The Crypto Winter – Preparing For Cryptocurrency Regulation And Enforcement In Uncertain Times” At The 2023 NYU Tax Controversy Forum
June 8 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm EDT
On June 8, 2023, Garrett L. Brodeur moderates a panel titled “Navigating The Crypto Winter – Preparing For Cryptocurrency Regulation And Enforcement In Uncertain Times” at the 2023 NYU Tax Controversy Forum.
The cryptocurrency industry is constantly changing and its underlying technologies are undeniably confusing. Faced with these obstacles, the IRS has issued informal guidance on discrete and nuanced tax issues, Treasury is poised to propose new information reporting rules, and regulatory scrutiny is tightening from all directions. This panel discusses the latest issues involving digital assets and highlights important considerations for tax counsel.
- Garrett L. Brodeur, Esq., Associate, Kostelanetz, New York, NY
- Thomas E. Bishop, Tom Bishop & Associates, East Islip, NY
- Erika Nijenhuis, Esq., Senior Counsel, Office of Tax Policy, US Department of Treasury, Washington, DC
- Del Wright Jr., Esq., Professor of Law, University of Missouri-Kansas City Law School, Kansas City, MO
- Caitlin R. Tharp, Esq., Associate, Steptoe & Johnson, Washington, DC
Click here to learn more and register.