- This event has passed.
Criminal Tax Investigations and Procedures: What Practitioners Need to Know
November 1 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Megan L. Brackney and Stephen A. Josey will present on a webinar titled “Criminal Tax Investigations and Procedures: What Practitioners Need to Know” for the New York County Lawyers Association on November 1, 2023. CLE and CPE credit are offered for this event.
This course will provide foundational information about how federal criminal tax matters arise, how criminal tax matters are investigated, and other tips and best practices for dealing with clients who are (or may become) the subject of a criminal tax investigation.
Topics that will be covered include:
- How federal criminal tax investigations originate, and the key government personnel involved in tax investigations and prosecutions;
- Commonly investigated and prosecuted federal tax crimes, including statistics and elements of these crimes;
- Investigatory techniques and tools used by the government in criminal tax matters;
- Privileges that may apply between tax practitioners and their clients;
- Situations where the tax practitioners, themselves, have criminal prosecution exposure;
- Sentencing and post-trial proceedings.
Megan L. Brackney, Partner, Kostelanetz LLP
Stephen A. Josey, Counsel, Kostelanetz LLP
Click here to register and for more information