- This event has passed.
Caroline D. Ciraolo Participates In A Panel Entitled “Targeting the Oligarchs: New Tax Transparency Initiatives, Sanctions, Seizures, and Freezes” For The ABA’s 2022 ILS Annual Conference
April 28, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am EDT
On April 28, 2022, Caroline D. Ciraolo participates in a panel entitled “Targeting the Oligarchs: New Tax Transparency Initiatives, Sanctions, Seizures, and Freezes” for the 2022 International Law Section (ILS) Annual Conference hosted by the American Bar Association (ABA).
Tax transparency is omnipresent and ever increasing, replacing financial privacy. Today, there is automatic exchange of information, financial, transactional and ultimate beneficial ownership information reporting, unilateral and multilateral investigations and international cooperation. These initiatives have resulted primarily because of governmental needs for revenue and the recognition that information can curb international tax evasion scandals. Now, with the horrific events in Ukraine, governments are taking an even more proactive approach, not only seeking to sanction bad actors, but also seeking to freeze and seize assets, and ultimately, to establish a global wealth register. This program covers these developments from the perspective of the US, the UK and the EU. CLE credit is offered for this event.
- Pamela A. Fuller, Counsel, Zahn Law Group, New York, NY
- Alan Winston Granwell, Of Counsel, Holland and Knight LLP, Washington, DC
- Caroline D. Ciraolo, Partner, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP, Washington, DC
- Nicola Saccardo, Partner, Maisto e Associati, London, United Kingdom (virtual)
- Emma-Jane Weider, Managing Partner, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP, London, United Kingdom (virtual)
Click here for more information and to register.