- This event has passed.
Bryan C. Skarlatos Presents A Virtual Course Entitled “Ethical Issues In Everyday Tax Practice: When Are You Crossing A Line?” At The Golden Gate University’s Annual Tax Update Conference
February 3, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
On February 3, 2022, Bryan C. Skarlatos presents a course entitled “Ethical Issues In Everyday Tax Practice: When Are You Crossing A Line?” at the Golden Gate University’s Annual Tax Update Conference. Please note that the live presentation occurs on February 3, 2022 and a rebroadcast of the presentation occurs on February 17, 2022 at 12:00 pm during which Bryan C. Skarlatos is available through live chat. CPE credit is offered for this event.
Description: Tax law is complicated, and the answers are not always clear. Join Bryan Skarlatos for this presentation on ethical questions faced by most tax practices. This session addresses questions such as:
- How sure you have to be before you tell a client it is okay to take a position on a tax return, such as deducting an expense or deferring income?
- Do you have to audit a client’s records or can you just rely on what the client says?
- What is the difference between ordinary tax advice and criminal tax evasion?
- How do you protect your client and yourself from civil and criminal penalties?
- Identify ways to provide your clients with the best advice possible
- Identify ways to avoid penalties and comply with your ethical obligations
- Bryan C. Skarlatos, Partner, Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP
Click here for more information and to register.